Summer intensives run for four weeks. They combine workshops, field research, and cultural excursions.
Global PACT Intensive Trainings
||2010 dates starting in May and June
|Locations:||South Africa and Thailand
|Language:||English, Thai with Translation|
|Housing:||Shared student residences|
|Program Fee:||See program pages for details.|
|Financial Aid:||Need based, see program pages for details.
|Deadline:||Rolling admissions. Contact us for availability (732) 579-8500|
|Notes:||Included: two meals daily, airfare (see specific program), housing, transportation, entrances, medical emergency evacuation, and course fees. Not included: visa, personal basic medical insurance and personal expenses while in country.|
Global PACT trainings are built around intense peer-to-peer workshops in which you develop a community change project from the ground up.
You will learn effective techniques to:
- Break an issue down to its root causes
- Identify where you can take action
- Create a viable solution
- Establish and manage a team that will accomplish the change
- Share and publicize and implement your ideas
You will graduate from Global PACT ready to implement change projects in any community, business or organization.
Part One - Understanding Issues
- Issue Identification & Breakdown, and Problem Selection, Action Research, Project Selection, Presentations, and Community Interviews.
- Group Dynamics, Finding Resources & Developing Networks, Budgeting, Project Goals and Evaluation, and Mission & Vision Statements.
- Effective Public Relations, Talking Points, Press Releases & Sound Bites, Press Conferences, and Project Implementation